An unmatched combination of breakthroughs — in reduced size, weight and power consumption — brings the accuracy and stability of atomic clocks to portable applications.
Atomic clock accuracy and low power make the SA.45s ideal for portable applications requiring precise synchronization and time keeping, especially in GPS-denied environments.
Breakthrough Leadership The CSAC’s unmatched portability derives from specs that include:
- < 120mW power consumption
- < 17cm3 volume
- 35g weight
- ±5.0E-11 accuracy at shipment
- σy < 5 x 10-12 at τ = 1 hour short-term stability (Allan Deviation)
- < 3.0E-10/month aging rate
A New Class of Applications At two orders of magnitude better accuracy than oven-controlled crystal oscillators (OCXOs) — and up to four orders of magnitude better accuracy than temperature-controlled oscillators (TCXOs) — the CSAC’s unmatched portability opens the door to new classes of applications, such as:
- Underwater sensors for seismic research or gas and oil exploration
- Military systems including dismounted IED jammers, dismounted radios, GPS receivers, and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs)
Device Connectivity The SA.45s CSAC produces two outputs, a 10MHz square wave and 1PPS, both in a CMOS 0 – 3.3V format. It also accepts a 1PPS input for synchronization and provides an RS-232 interface for monitoring and control.