Nokia Siemens Networks has successfully integrated Symmetricom’s TimeProvider® 5000 and TimeProvider500 products into its Mobile Backhaul solution.
Symmetricom’s TimeProvider has been integrated into Nokia Siemens Networks NetAct network management system to ensure end-to-end management for the entire mobile backhauling network, including partner products. Nokia Siemens Networks is the leading vendor of IP-based backhauling solutions and delivers full end-to-end Mobile Backhauling networks covering also multiple vendors' base stations. In early 2011, Nokia Siemens Networks announced connection of over 40.000 PTP 1588v2 enabled base stations at more than 50 mobile service providers to their IP-based mobile backhauling solution.
In addition the new Nokia Siemens Networks FlexiPacket Microwave family, integrating IEEE1588v2 slave function, has been extensively tested to provide full interoperability with Symmetricom’s TimeProvider® 5000 Grandmaster guaranteeing fast and reliable deployment of true packet based microwave backhaul networks.
- Read "Nokia Siemens Networks Syncs Up with Symmetricom on Mobile Backhaul"
- For more on Nokia Siemens Networks leadership in mobile backhaul technology, see “Nokia Siemens Networks Migrates 100th Customer to IP Transport”
- Learn more about efficient mobile backhaul for the new mobile world
- Read more about Symmetricom and NSN’s Joint PTP 1588-2008 deployment in 50 networks globally
- Smart evolution to All-IP backhaul with FlexiPacket Microwave